Quality Legal Representation For Business Clients
From offices in Pittsburgh and Harrisburg, the attorneys at Poerio & Walter, Inc., offer quality legal representation to business clients of all sizes. Our attorneys excel at investigating and evaluating the merits of cases brought against our clients. Our nationwide reach and reputation give us access to the best resources and experts to efficiently and effectively represent our clients.
We believe in litigating aggressively when the interests of our clients require us to do so, but our primary commitment is to devote all our efforts to achieving our clients’ goals and objectives in the most cost-effective manner possible. We keep foremost in our thoughts that it is the interests and objectives of our clients that we must serve, and so we provide each client with personalized and detailed attention in every matter entrusted to us.
What is most unique about the representation we provide is our success in achieving the objectives our clients set. Our high level of client service sets us apart and is the foundation of client relationships that in many cases span more than 20 years.
Service That Sets Us Apart – Small Firm With Big Capabilities
Poerio & Walter, Inc., offers legal services to clients throughout Pennsylvania and West Virginia as well as across the United States in the following practice areas:
- Workers’ compensation: Our lawyers represent nearly every type of employer, many nationwide insurance companies and third-party claim administrators in workers’ compensation defense matters. They have defended every imaginable type of claim involving physical injuries, occupational diseases, emotional injuries, and fatal or catastrophic injuries. Our practice is further distinguished by our significant experience in the defense of federal black lung claims.
- Subrogation and recoveries: Our experienced subrogation and collection lawyers help lenders and businesses collect delinquent accounts. We represent insurers in mediation and arbitration, pursuing claims through litigation where necessary.
- Business law and litigation: We offer our clients knowledgeable and efficient assistance with business issues and other pressing legal matters, including commercial closings, general corporate matters, franchising or licensing arrangements, and liquor licensing and liability issues.
- Insurance defense litigation: Our attorneys represent self-insured employers, insurance companies and third-party carriers. Our practice involves all major areas of insurance defense litigation, including automobile torts, property and casualty claims, and general liability claims. Many major insurance companies look to our firm due to the quality of our work and our substantial trial experience.
- Medicare set-asides and allocations: We focus on the new and evolving field of Medicare Set Asides & Allocations as a necessary tool in achieving the settlement of workers’ compensation and liability claims. We represent employers and insurance companies nationwide in cases where the Medicare Secondary Payor Act (MSP) applies to a settlement as a result of a claimant’s age or Social Security entitlement, or where the value of the settlement requires consideration of the interests of Medicare.
- To ensure compliance with the MSP and to achieve the most economical allocations, we work with Blackburn Group Inc. and together provide a unique blend of legal, medical and insurance expertise to provide both pre-settlement and post-settlement Medicare set-aside services.
- Claims auditing: Claim audit manager Bill Hiller has more than 30 years of audit and claims experience. Claim auditing is the function of drilling down into the details of a claim file to determine if your claim professional is successfully protecting and mitigating your claim experience.
- Employment and labor law: From EEOC matters to whistleblowing to employee contracts, our attorneys provide multifaceted solutions for businesses and enterprises.
- ERISA counseling and litigation: We focus on protecting your interests in disputes relating to your employer-sponsored plans.
Contact Us To Learn More About Our Personalized Strategies For Your Business
Please contact us at 412-246-0506 or 717-724-0331 to receive more information about our firm or to schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers.