Quality Legal Representation for Business Clients
The attorneys at Poerio & Walter, Inc., from our offices in Pittsburgh and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania offer quality legal representation to business clients of all sizes in the practice areas of:
Our attorneys excel at investigating and evaluating the merits of cases brought against our clients. Our nationwide reach and reputation give us access to the best resources and experts to efficiently and effectively represent our clients.
We believe in litigating aggressively when the interests of our clients require us to do so, but our primary commitment is to devote all our efforts to achieving our clients' goals and objectives in the most cost effective manner possible. We keep foremost in our thoughts that it is the interests and objectives of our clients that we must serve, and so we provide each client with personalized and detailed attention in every matter entrusted to us.
What is most unique about the representation provided by the attorneys at Poerio & Walter, Inc. is our success in achieving the objectives set for us by our clients. Our high level of client service sets us apart, and is the foundation of client relationships that in many cases span more than 20 years.
Service That Sets Us Apart - Small Firm With Big Capabilities
Poerio & Walter, Inc. offers legal services to clients throughout Pennsylvania and West Virginia as well as across the United States in the following practice areas:
- Workers' compensation : Our lawyers represent nearly every type of employer and many nationwide insurance companies and third party claim administrators in workers' compensation defense matters, and have defended every imaginable type of claim involving physical injuries, occupational diseases, emotional injuries, and fatal or catastrophic injuries. Our practice is further distinguished by our significant experience in the defense of federal black lung claims.
- Subrogation & Recoveries : Our experienced subrogation and collection lawyers assist lenders and businesses with collecting delinquent accounts. Our subrogation services include representing insurers in mediations and arbitrations, and pursuing claims through litigation where necessary.
- Business Law & Litigation : We offer our clients knowledgeable and efficient assistance with business issues and other pressing legal matters including commercial closings, and general corporate matters, franchising or licensing arrangements, and liquor licensing and liability issues.
- Insurance Defense Litigation : Our attorneys represent self-insured employers, insurance companies and third-party carriers. Our practice involves all major areas of insurance defense litigation including automobile torts, property & casualty claims, and general liability claims. Many major insurance companies look to our firm due to the quality of our work and our substantial trial experience.
- Medicare Set Asides & Allocations : The law firm of Poerio & Walter has a primary focus in the new and evolving field of Medicare Set Asides & Allocations as a necessary tool in achieving the settlement of workers' compensation and liability claims. Working in conjunction with Blackburn Group Inc., the firm represents employers and insurance companies nationwide in cases where the Medicare Secondary Payor Act (MSP) applies to a settlement as a result of a claimant's age, Social Security entitlement, or where the value of the settlement requires consideration of the interests of Medicare. To insure compliance with the MSP and to achieve the most economical allocations, the firm works with Blackburn Group Inc. and together provide a unique blend of legal, medical, and insurance expertise to provide both pre-settlement and post-settlement Medicare Set Aside services.
- Employment & Labor Law
- Claims Auditing : Claim Audit Manager Bill Hiller has more than 30 years of audit and claims experience. Claim Auditing is the function of drilling down into the details of a claim file to determine if your Claim Professional is successfully protecting and mitigating your claim experience.
Please contact us at 412-246-0506 or 717-724-0331 to receive more information about our firm or to schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers.