The attorneys at Poerio & Walter, Inc., with offices in Pittsburgh and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, founded our firm after working for many years at much larger firms. Our primary clients are self-insured employers, insurance companies, third party adjusting companies, closely held businesses, and any business requiring legal representation in the area of workers' compensation defense . We also represent businesses of all sizes and types throughout Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The firm's practice in the areas of subrogation & recoveries , as well as Federal Black Lung defense are nationwide.
Service That Sets Us Apart - Small Firm With Big Capabilities
The lawyers at Poerio & Walter enjoy working closely with our clients and are committed to protecting their rights. Whether their business is a local establishment or a large, nationwide corporation, our clients can be confident that the lawyers of Poerio & Walter will put our experience, dedication and determination to work on their behalf. Our attorneys make it their mission to guide clients in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Attorney James Poerio focuses on workers' compensation defense and the defense of coal mine operators involved in federal black lung litigation. His legal work involving the Federal Black Lung Benefits Act spans more than 30 years.
- Attorney Robert Walter represents employers and insurance carriers in the areas of workers' compensation litigation, unemployment compensation, and Heart & Lung Act defense. He was a shareholder in the Pittsburgh headquarters of Tucker Arensberg, P.C. with James Poerio before joining forces to create Poerio & Walter, Inc.
- Attorney Jonathan Beech joined the firm in 2008. Previously he was a Senior Claims Specialist with Cincinnati Insurance Company. At Poerio & Walter, Inc., his practice focuses on workers' compensation defense, general liability defense, as well as Subrogation & Recoveries.
- Attorney Eugene Tempesta is Of Counsel to the firm. He is a legal and business professional focusing in the areas of Business and Corporate law, Contract, Employment, Franchising, Sports, E-commerce and Copyright & Trademark Law, along with Strategic Business Planning, Marketing, Budgeting, and Estate Planning.
- Attorney Richard Canciello is a shareholder in the firm and a 1994 graduate of Temple University School of Law. Rich also graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1990 from the University of Pittsburgh. He has a diverse and substantial civil litigation practice in defending persons, nonprofits, and businesses sued as a result of alleged personal injury, whether sustained in an accident or on premises owned by the insured.
- William J. Hiller, Jr . joined Poerio & Walter in 2012 to lead the firm's Claims Audit practice. Bill is a graduate of Robert Morris University. His insurance claim consulting career began in 1982 with Johnson & Higgins of Pennsylvania. Bill quickly earned the respect of the Casualty Claim Department Manager, who invited him to begin his career in the claim consulting business as a Claim Technical Support Representative. His responsibilities included property and casualty claim consulting both with Fortune 500 Companies as well as prominent personal lines clients.
Please contact us at 412-246-0506 or 717-724-0331 to receive more information about our firm or to schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers.